Friday, September 16, 2011

A lesson from a cricketer

Yesterday, I was a bit upset that someone accused me for no mistake of mine... it was not a mistake at all on anyone's part leave alone my mistake. I was hurt, irritatied and angry. I had an important task to complete in next one hour; I could not afford to spend that one hour in calming down the boiling mind... I took about 15 mins to settle down; relaxed; and then took on the job and completed it fairly decently as if nothing happened.

Today I was watching India Vs England cricket match. India was batting; I think it was the last over; the situation was pretty tensed. The bowler was very agressive; he bowled a few dot balls and the scene became all the more tensed. In the last over, he bowled a very difficult ball that Dhoni had to meet. It touched Dhoni's body and fell near his foot; he started running; the bowler came to pick the ball up; and the two dashed unintentionally; but the bowler started shouting at Dhoni as if he was at mistake. Raina got irritated and he was about to join the fight. Dhoni pulled him back and calmed him down to an extent. The irritated Raina tried hitting a six as a revenge probably and got caught... But, but, Doni hit a six and a few more runs and made his half century too... Big lesson....

I read somewhere that every ball is bowled at you to get you out; it is up to you to make it a sixer or boundary or singles or get out... I want to add to that. Though you are not at fault, people can try picking a fight; whether they want you to get out or not is a secondary question; they may even pour out their frustration on you though you are not the cause for their frustration; but, if you want to succeed, you need to follow Dhoni... do not lose temper even for a moment.... though you know that you are not to be blamed... leave the other person's emotions to themselves... you do not have to resolve their problems unless it is for you to resolve; you do not have to prove that you are not at fault... the truth will prove itself... you need to focus on your job... life is too costly to be lost picking up unworthy fights....

I know it is tough to follow... but, the tough follow this rule and succeed...

No comments: